Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Lunch Trucks

My professor called this one "good, classic doggerel!"

School is quite boring, the classes are long,
And yet I have reason to break into song.
Awaiting after class, that delectable fare,
Those wonderful lunch trucks! Aromas wafting through the air.

"Chicken cheesesteak, plain." I tell the good vendor,
Proper sustenence after a day-long class bender.
Add an orange Gatorade, the total comes to "5 dolla,"
A price most, fair, and to that I say "Holla!"

My order never changes, in that I'm quite plain.
Get something different? Why sir, that's insane!
I know what I like, and I like what I know,
Chicken cheesesteaks are freaking delicious, yo.

Another big favorite, or others, not mine,
"Bacon, egg, and cheese" a dish most divine.
I'm sure it tastes great, that is no riddle,
But I prefer my bacon, egg, and cheese on a McDonald's McGriddle.

No comments: